Thursday, June 5, 2008

 

memories

This winter seemed so long though, in fact, it was the shortest one I can ever remember. Guess I have just been too busy to notice. I am moving more slowly than ever so it seems like everything around me is slowing down.
I talk to my siblings less all the time and miss them more all the time. But then, I always have.

I think I left this skit with Mickey, Joan and me in the room together going to sleep. Well, that made us all happy; as happy as you could expect with the way things were. We missed Daddy and were afraid to say anything to the women about him for fear we would get in trouble. Seems like trouble was my middle name anyway.

One day we were all sent out to play in the back yard with a big girl to watch over us. I remember her name as being Bobbie but, of course, I could be wrong.

She split all of us up and told us that whoever picked the most little yellow flowers from the lawn could have some ice cream. Man, that would be a real treat!

Joan was around the corner from me and Mickey around the other corner. So here I went, picking flowers and making a neat little pile. I forgot to count them but my pile was growing.

I turned around to find some more and looked up and saw Daddy climbing over the fence. Oh,my goodness !!!
He motioned for me to be quiet. I stood real still and he came over to me and sat down on the ground with me. I sure gave him a big hug!!

"Shike," he said," Can you run find Mickey and be quiet about it?"

I took off around the corner and found Mickey with her pile of flowers. She didn't want to leave them but I told her Daddy was here so she came with me. Then I had to go find Joan.

Well, there we all were hugging and crying at the same time! Daddy said he couldn't stay but a minute so we stopped and listened to him.
He said he would soon be back but would come in through the front door the next time so we could visit right!

I am stopping here because I have things to do but look for exciting things to happen next time!

Shike...Prattling on...


Comments:
I just feel like I was there with you! I can just see you in my mind, like it was yesterday! I can't wait for more. James
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]