Tuesday, October 13, 2009

 

Going Back a Ways...


posted by Shike @ 5:30 PM

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just Thinking ...


Last week I lost a very dear Uncle. (Mom amd Uncle Truman on the right) I have so many memories of the things we talked about. He was so easy to talk to and remembered everything as far back as I could remember and then some.

He was a lot like my Grandpa who was my very favorite person when I was a kid. He was so happy you would think he didn't have a worry in the world. That was my uncle, too.

But he did have worries. He had to move into an assisted living home when he was 92 but didn't complain about it. Said he got along very well, Thank you.
Unk was always fun to talk to. If you were visiting him at home he would always bring out the old pictures and had to explain who everyone was and what relation they were to us. I think he knew every body back as far as George Washington!!! Or maybe Abe Lincoln!

If you didn't know what happened in one particular year all you had to do was just ask Unk. He always had an answer for you.

I called him and talked to him every Saturday or Sunday and we had some pretty good visits. I will miss all that but I guess we have to take it as it comes. Or so he has been known to say.

Have a good rest, my dear Uncle; I will miss you. Your niece, Eva Mae.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]